CSS3 Buttons by Css3Menu.com


Apparatus Owned By Members

The Photos will automatically start in Slide show mode. To use the Manual Mode, hit the stop icon, and go back and forth through the photos using the <prev and next> icons. To go back to the Slide Show mode, hit the "Start" icon.

Slide Show                                           Manual Viewing
                    

Slideshow image


Since your web browser does not support JavaScript, here is a non-JavaScript version of the image slideshow:

slideshow image
1935 Chevy owned by Kevin Lynch from Venice, Fla. This unit was built by Cresci & Sons in Vineland, NJ for the Millville NJ fire department. Cresci didn't really build fire trucks but did build this one and at least one more that Kevin knows of. It has been to several shows and won National First Prize in 2014 at the Antique Automobile Club of America show.


slideshow image
1950 Ford-F6 – This rig is owned by Bill Agard from Webster, Florida. Manufactured by Flour City Body Corporation, Minneapolis, MN – Original owner was the Blue Grass, Iowa VFD and known as Engine 2. It is equipped with a 500gpm Hale pump and carries 500 gallons of water and powered by a Flathead Ford V8 engine.


slideshow image
1938 Ford - Bill Perdue's '38 Ford. Bill's apparatus have been a familiar sight at Florida Musters over the years and he always drives his rigs from the space coast.


slideshow image
1973 American La France owned by Brad Meyer and family from Longwood, Fla. This unit is a 1000 series “Spartan” model, 300 gallon water tank; 1000gpm pump; powered by a Detroit 8V71 diesel with a 5 speed Spicer manual transmission and air brakes. It served the City of Concord, NC from 1973 until the early 1990's.


slideshow image
1934 Fox - FABB member Frank Sullivan's 34 Fox leaves a Fort Lauderdale meeting.


slideshow image
1964 Mack owned by Jim Briggs and Carol Briggs of Clermont, Fla. This is a CF95F model, reg #1234. It was originally powered by a gasoline engine but re powered in the mid 1970's with a Mack Thermodyne 672 CI, 285hp diesel and standard transmission. It has a Waterous 1000gpm, two stage pump and a 500 gallon tank. A unique feature of this rig is that all of the discharges and intakes are solid brass. This rig was originally purchased by the Good Will FC, New Castle, DE and when it was replaced it was sold to a department in Alabama. Carol & Jim acquired this rig in 2006 and it has been very active in parades and shows. This unit is for sale. Contact Jim at 352-394-8709


slideshow image
1951 Ford F7 owned by Keith Seafield from Cooper City, Fla. This unit has a custom body by Schukraft Body Builders of Chicago. The body is framed in wood as well as the three doors. It is powered by the original 337hp Lincoln engine with a 5 speed manual transmission(unsynchronized). This was one of the final vehicles to serve the Chicago Fire Patrol which began in 1871 an ended in 1959. This unit operated as Fire Patrol #5 from 1951-1959 and was used by his grandfather, Captain Michael Kinsch (retired as a Battalion Chief) when he was a member of the CFP.


slideshow image
1928 GMC/La France owned by Janet & Les Westlake of Mount Dora, Fla. This rig was built on a GMC chassis by the American La France Co., Type 99 for the Metropolitan Life Insurance Co for fire protection at their tuberculosis center in Wilton, NY. It has double chemical tanks that are enclosed within the body in front of the hose bed. It is powered by a 6 cylinder, 221 ci, 67 horsepower Buick engine with three speed transmission and four wheel mechanical brakes. A windshield was added on the cab shortly after its purchase because of the cold New York winters. It has its original 24 ft wooden extension ladder and 12 ft roof ladder, a large flood light behind the seat, fire extinguishers and three matched play pipes. It has only about 1400 miles on it at this time. Janet & Les purchased this rig in 2012 from FABB member Bob Munday and have had it to several shows and parades.


slideshow image
1978 Hahn owned by Mike Healy -This rig has a 1000gpm pump with a 1000 gallon water tank. It was originally purchased by the Citizens Hose Co. of Smyrna, DE. It was a front line piece until 2006 when it was donated to the Tri-Town FC of Ulysses(Potter County), PA. It went into service in early 2007 while Mike served as 1st A/C of the Tri-Town FC and served them until 2009 when it was placed in back up service. In 2010 it was donated to the Willing Hose Co #1 of Willing(Allegheny County) NY. Unfortunately it was only in service for about a year and then placed out behind the station. Mike eventually was able to negotiate a deal with them in 2011 and acquired old Engine 44-4 as it was previously known as by the Citizens Hose Co. It is currently residing in his private fire house back up in PA, but will eventually make its way to sunny Florida.


slideshow image
1972 American La France owned by Scott Eberle from Ft. Lauderdale, Fla. This unit is a 1000 series with a 1250gpm, 500 gallon water tank, and powered by a Detroit 8V71 diesel engine. It was in service with the Granite Falls, NC fire department until 2014 when Scott bought and brought it down to the sunshine state.


slideshow image
1967 American La France owned by the Villages Fire Department in The Villages, (Ocala area), Fla. This unit is a 900 Series – Metro model powered by a 6 cylinder, 900 CI, Continental engine with standard transmission. It has a 1250gpm pump and carries 500 gallons of water. The original owners of this unit was the Englewood, NJ fire department and then went south to Sellingwood, Alabama for a period of time. The Villages FD acquired this rig and it was restored by several volunteers over a 4 year period.